If you own a car then you have to be smart enough. Otherwise, every time you take your car to the car diagnosis center for maintenance. The mechanic will make you fool and charge a high amount of money. But the good news is you can diagnose your car by yourself with an OBD2 car diagnosis scanner. It’ll help you to complete this challenging task with a very easy and simple process.
An OBD2 car scanner sensor can identify every single issue that your car encounters and send you instant reports. There are a lot of OBD2 car-scanners available in the market but among them, FIXD and ELM 327 are the most popular two. Below in this article, I’m going to show you a comparison detail between FIXD vs. ELM 327. So that you can pick the right one for you.
Table of Content:
If you’re searching for a particular topic then check this table of content 1st. This is designed to help you with the fastest navigation.
Have a look at this “FIXD vs. ELM 327” comparison chart to understand the difference between these 2-devices.
|Details of Product||Fixd||ELM 327|
|Supported Language||English, Italian, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese||Only English|
|Cars||US, Europen, Asian||US, Europen,|
|Apps||Fixd App||Torque Pro, Torque Lite, OBD Car Doctor, etc.|
|Supported Operating System||Android, iOS,||Only Android.|
|No. of Vehicles||5||1|
|Where To Buy|
FIXD vs. ELM 327: Comparison Guide
Although FIXD & ELM 327 both are car diagnostic tools and do the same job. Then again there are some differences between FIXD vs. ELM 327 in their features and specification. Keep your eye on the below segment to know about their common specification and features.
FIXD is the top among the renowned car-scanners available in the market. The device is getting popular because of its high-quality functionality and easy maneuver. From a car owner to a car mechanic both could be highly benefited by using this device. The greatest advantage of this device is it could scan every single problem of your car and show you a detailed report.
It could identify 7000+ car problems that your car may face. As the device can show you an instant report of your car, you can scan it anytime and know about the health of your car. FIXD has a dedicated app through which you can simultaneously monitor 5-vehicles in real-time.
About ELM 327:
ELM 327 is another powerful scanner for monitoring your car. You can install either your vehicle system or its electrical sensors of the device itself. Through its wireless technology, you can connect it to any smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc.
The device comes in a compact size and very little weight, you can easily transport the device. By using this device, you can monitor every single information about your car in real-time. The only problem that you’ll face with this device is it won’t support iOS devices.
How Do You Use Fixd?
Among all car scanners available in the market. FIXD is the most reliable and user-friendly one. Using this device is more simple than drinking a cup of tea. Down this segment, I’m going to show you how you can use this device.
- At first, install the FIXD-app on your phone.
- Then turn on the Bluetooth of your mobile and wait a moment and let the device pair automatically.
- Now you’ve to complete the registration on the FIXD app with proper credentials and vehicle preferences.
- Tap on the option “I’ve a FIXD-sensor”.
- Check the back of your FIXD device and you’ll find a code no., note the code and write it on the app where it asked for you a code.
- After all, this does connect the FIXD device to your car’s OBD2 port.
- The device will set/pair with your phone automatically.
- Now turn on your car and get the real-time update of your car.
How Do You Use Elm 327?
The process of using ELM 327 is also very simple. But you’ve to use a third-party app to get the report of this device on your phone or laptop. Have a look at the below-segment to understand how to use this device.
- First, download a car diagnostic app that supports this device, I’m using the torque pro app. There are a lot more third-party apps, you’ll find in the play store, choose anyone between them.
- Once the app is downloaded, go to the device settings menu and click on the wifi options, here you’ll find the ELM 327, tap on it.
- Once it gets activated, the app starts to scan all the issues of your car.
- It may ask you for some additional data such as car model, manufacturing date, etc.
- Turn on your vehicle and plug the ELM 327 on the 16-pin OBD2 port.
- Once you connect the ELM 327 into your car’s OBD2 port, there will be a red led light instantly turned on.
- Now the device is ready to send data on your smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
FIXD – Pros & Cons
Check the below segment to know the pros and cons of the Fixd device. This will help you to understand the positive side and the negative side of this device.
ELM 327 – Pros & Cons
To know more details about this device have a look at the below segment. Here, I’m going to include the pros and cons of this device.
Where To Buy Fixd?
For your convenience, below this segment, I’m including the official link of the FIXD device. Moreover, when you get the device from its official site, you’ll get a 30-day official money-back guarantee.
Where To Buy Elm 327?
Like FIXD you can get the ELM 327 from its official site. However, you can also get it from the nearest automobile stores. But getting the device from its official site would be the best idea. Because when you purchase the product from the official site, you get the quality product with other facilities.
FIXD vs. ELM 327: Which One is Better?
After reading the above comparison between FIXD vs. ELM 327, you have a proper idea about these devices. If the question is now which one you should go for? I’ll suggest you go for a FIXD device. Because FIXD has more exclusive features than ELM 327 and more convenient to use.
FIXD supports all kinds of devices where ELM 327 doesn’t support iOS devices. With FIXD, you can monitor 5-vehicles at a time where ELM can support only one device. FIXD has a dedicated app where ELM 327 uses other 3rd party apps.